[lbo-talk] RE: Hoods

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Wed May 5 16:03:58 PDT 2004

On Wed, 5 May 2004 13:58:42 -0400, Jon Johanning <jjohanning at igc.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday, May 5, 2004, at 12:24 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:
>
>> There seems to be something characteristically American about the sexual
>> tortures though.

The S&M Man. As sung to tune of, "The Candy Man."

Who can take a chainsaw.

Cut the bitch in two.

Fuck the bottom half

And give the other half to you.

The S&M Man can, the S7M Man can...

Who can take some jumper cables

Clamp them to her tits

Jump-start your car

And electrocute the bitch.

The S7M Man can...

Who can take an icepick.

Ram it through her ear.

Ride her like a Harley

As you fuck her through the rear.

The S&M Man can...

Basic training at the Naval Academy in the early 90's, song chanted by new recruits as recorded by anthropologist Carol Burke. Author of new book, "Camp All-American, Hanoi Jane and The High And Tight: Gender, Folklore and the Changing Military Culture, " newly published by Beacon Books. Blurb by Mark Crispin Miller, "As Carol Burke makes clear in this important book, American military culture is now driven less by soldierly professionalism or patriotic zeal than by a toxic combination of misogyny and homophobia . . . Razor-sharp in its analysis, and harrowingly well-informed, it is essential for those concerned with our military, democracy, and culture."—Mark Crispin Miller, author of The Bush Dyslexicon: Observations on a National Disorder

-- Michael Pugliese