[lbo-talk] Just Do Something!

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Wed May 5 16:15:25 PDT 2004

>Wed 5.05.04| Just Do Something!
>
>Is the left afflicted by a poverty of ideas and longterm strategic
>thinking? Liza Featherstone and Christian Parenti think so. They
>argue that activistism, a type of hyper-pragmatism on the left, is
>tied to a deep-seated anti-intellectual tendency in the US. They've
>co-authored a call for activists to take ideas seriously --
>something the right did decades ago, facilitating the ascendancy of
>the neo-liberal project.
>
>Listen to the program on Pacifica Radio's Against the Grain
>www.againstthegrain.org
>
>=====
>Sasha Lilley

What I wanna know is if Christian Parenti considers voting for Kerry to be an instance of hyper-pragmatism on the left. :-) -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>