[lbo-talk] Just Do Something!

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed May 5 16:36:18 PDT 2004

Somebody wrote:

> An article co-authored by Doug Henwood, his wife Liza Featherstone and
> Christian Parenti has been making the rounds on the Internet. It is now
> the subject of discussion on Indymedia, a website geared to
> anti-globalization activists, and Infoshop, an anarchist website run by
> the red-baiting Chuck Munson.

A few factual corrections:

The first sentence should be rewritten as:

"An article co-authored by Liza Featherstone, her husband Doug Henwood and Christian Parenti has been making the rounds on the Internet."

This part is also wrong:

"Infoshop, an anarchist website run by the red-baiting Chuck Munson."

Infoshop.org is run by the Alternative Media Project, a nonprofit charted in the State of Virginia. The website is run by a collective of activists who are located around the world (Kansas City, Italy, New York City, Arlington, VA, Hawaii, Oakland, CA, and more).

I am not a red-baiter, but I freely speak my criticisms of the authoritarian left which is essential if one wants to differentiate anarchism from leftism.

Chuck0