[lbo-talk] who

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Thu May 6 22:40:36 PDT 2004

--- Gary? <sladeg at verizon.net> wrote:
> We have seen demonstrations do nothing except give
> authority the excuse to tighten controls., don't
> storm the police station, vote our man in as chief.
> Or is it not change you seek but the distraction of
> outraged discontent , an intellectual excercise ?
> I'm just here for an education, I don't know, I'm
> just asking.

I have nothing against fighting for reforms, but when you try and take over the Democratic Party, you inevitably take upon yourself the logic and dilemma of the system. You find yourself answering questions like, "is outsourcing good or bad", instead of asking yourself the proper question which is "how do we do away with such a dilemma by getting rid of global capitalism"?

I will grant you one thing though....demonstrations are of very limited value. Sometimes they can be good but sometimes they can even be a distraction from doing real political work.

-Thomas

===== <<You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals So let's do it like they do it on the Discovery Channel>>

Bloodhound Gang, "The Bad Touch"