[lbo-talk] Cultural Change? ( Marxist democracy)

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Fri May 7 14:35:56 PDT 2004

http://www.etext.org/Politics/MIM/wim/cong/freespeech.html

Maoists on the dictatorship of the prolatariat. Everyone on this list, even Carrol and Yoshie would be counter-revolutionaries to be re-educated. Neither Victims or Executioners said Camus. (Cf. Ron Aronson's new book on Camus and Sartre.)
>...1. Those advocating opposition to the dictatorship of the proletariat as defined at the top of the document will go to prison or re-education camp and thereby not enjoy all full public citizenship rights.

2. Sale of pornography will be forbidden. Distribution of nude photographs paid for by the photographer or persyn who signed a consent form to be displayed in photographs will always be legal, but government authorities may require a registration for financial bookkeeping purposes.

>...Repression under the dictatorship of the proletariat will take three main forms--execution, prison or re- education camp. Execution will be reserved for murder and services to military enemies. At the other extreme, casual mistaken expression of bourgeois thoughts will not result in being sent to re-education camp, but organized and active expression will. Mistaken bourgeois thoughts will be used by professionals in the government and party for purposes of refutation and enlightenment--a reminder of ideological priorities.

Prison and re-education camp

Those who have engaged in violent opposition or spying or other services to military enemies of the dictatorship of the proletariat may be executed. Others guilty of the crime of murder amongst the people may also be executed. The party will make public at all times a list of the military enemies of the dictatorship of the proletariat.

Prison conditions

If economic conditions at the time of the revolution are as good or better as they are in the world in 1999, then MIM will guarantee that prison conditions will be the most "cushy" seen in history. In the event that there is a serious food shortage in the imperialist countries or the world on the event of crises caused by the moribund class system, we will not make any guarantees on the conditions provided to prisoners. We will not be feeding class enemies when the proletariat is still starving. The following applies in more generous conditions, such as after the overthrow of imperialism and military defeat of counterrevolution.

Prisoners are those who need confinement and physical restraint to keep from damaging the dictatorship of the proletariat with violence, sabotage or espionage.

Prisoners will have national heath care, libraries, reading materials of their choice and exercise and recreation facilities comparable with what is found outside prison walls. Prisoners will also have the duty of work to make restitution for their victims.

Re-education camp

Re-education camp is for those who are not a violent threat to society. Members of re-education camps will have every privilege afforded to prisoners but they will be more exposed to the open community. Internees will differ from the public in being limited to a central geographic local and buildings.

Re-education camp is for those who act out against the dictatorship of the proletariat without violence, sabotage or espionage. The expression of an opinion that property rights should be higher than survival rights will result in being sent to camp. Those who wish to check into a camp for urges contrary to the dictatorship of the proletariat may do so, and will be honored for trying to nip a problem in the bud.

Many comrades will also go to re-education camp from time to time to brush up on their politics in the context of different material conditions, perhaps in a poverty-stricken zone of former capitalism or semi- feudalism (if comrades in the Third World agree to take our re-education camp internees).

Thought reform re-educators

In imperialist country experience, there is little reference point for the camps that were created in China for thought reform. The thought reform personnel will be most like reverends, clergy and rabbis except with scientific substance to their arguments and a materialist ideological agenda--no concern for the afterlife. Re-educators are not in camp or prison to take perverse or sadistic pleasure with internees. Re-educators are instead some of the most self-sacrificing people there are in their concern for all people.

Reports that re-educators deprive their internees of books, magazines, papers, pens, computers or any other privileges granted will result in transfer to another occupation. Care will be taken to organize multiple level checking on the administration of prisons and thought reform camps. All officials of the dictatorship of the proletariat are always welcome to retire into other professions so as not to damage the prestige of the dictatorship of the proletariat. Jobs are always guaranteed under the dictatorship of the proletariat and required for the able-bodied adults. In some cases administrators will be wrongfully transferred out of prison or re-education camp, because we cannot take the chance of abusing internees. This will have no grave impact on public servants who will simply take jobs elsewhere

Michael Pugliese