[lbo-talk] Re: Riverbend entry

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Thu May 6 23:55:39 PDT 2004

``...I sometimes get emails asking me to propose solutions or make suggestions. Fine. Today's lesson: don't rape, don't torture, don't kill and get out while you can- while it still looks like you have a choice... Chaos? Civil war? Bloodshed? We'll take our chances- just take your Puppets, your tanks, your smart weapons, your dumb politicians, your lies, your empty promises, your rapists, your sadistic torturers and go.''

For riverbend.

Last night I pretended I was president of the US and had a week. So I got out my calculator and starting with 135,000, figured it would take two flights an hour, 24/7 at 400/per plane to evacuate 135,000. Destination, nearest Nato airbase in Turkey, Italy, Germany and the UK. That's do-able as they say.

So if Kerry needs a plan. Here's the plan.

Leave the heavy equipment and call it reparations. For tanks and armored vehicles, complex military logistics indicate, they've got drivers and they've got gas. They drove in, they drive out. The only directions they need: head for the western desert and turn left at the tank treads---that's South for the directionally challenged. See ya.

Private contractors and contracts can be cancelled retroactively May 1. Let them sue for the difference. Private personnel get out on their own dime. Take the bus to Kuwait City.

Now the Iraqis can help this plan considerably, especially those who work for US projects. If you got paid Friday, don't come back. That's it.

It's all over but the looting.

CG