[lbo-talk] Bush for president - so he completes his failure

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sun May 9 13:16:40 PDT 2004

>From: Thomas Seay <entheogens at yahoo.com>
>
> > > Carl Remick wrote:
> > favor taking him out
> > across the street to
> > tree with piano wire
>
>Carl, why be so humane?

Well, I am nothing if not progressive. Besides, the aim of this exercise is not to obliterate Rumsfeld but to ensure that sufficient of his remains stay available for public display so they can serve as a deterrent for a long time. Sort of like signs that say, "Welcome to Anytown, USA - DWI Laws Strictly Enforced," posted next to car wrecks caused by drunk drivers. The effect would be: "Welcome to Washington, DC -- Obey All Geneva Conventions."

Remember that the Brits stuck Oliver Cromwell's head on a building in London and exhibited it there for decades. The head would probably have stayed there for decades more had it not been blown down in a storm and stolen.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Check out the coupons and bargains on MSN Offers! http://youroffers.msn.com