[lbo-talk] Eagleton on fascism

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Mon May 10 06:59:01 PDT 2004

On Mon, 10 May 2004 06:22:25 -0700 (PDT), Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Well, if I do a google on "Jewish Ukrainian Nazi", I get 18,600 hits.
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-

Good place to start, http://www.infoukes.com/history/famine/revisionists/

When Alex Cockburn in the eighties cited the Jeff Coplon piece from the Village Voice below, in The Nation, there were hundreds of letters. They published dozens from such as Roger Wilkins, Stephen Cohen and many others much better informed slamming Cockburn. Cockburn claimed the #'ers killed in the GULAG camps and at Lubyanka, was in the low hundreds of thousands. At the height of the terror in '37 and '38, there were almost 800,000 killed. http://www.google.com/search?q=lacny+pugliese+getty http://squawk.ca/lbo-talk/0211/0401.html

Famine-Genocide Deniers Introduction

On the Internet, there exists Famine-Genocide Deniers Web Pages. It appears the goal of these Famine-Genocide Deniers Web Pages is to downplay and minimize the significance of this tragic event in Ukrainian History. They also glorify Joseph Stalin as a hero of the people. These pages also state how Joseph Stalin's reputation is allegedly malligned by anti-communist Ukrainians who allegedly have pro-Nazi leanings.

The purpose of this page is to expose people to this re-writing of Ukrainian History. Please explore these series of pages and judge for yourselves.

Webmaster InfoUkes Inc. Links to Famine-Genocide Deniers Pages Grover Furr's Politics and Social Issues Page

This series of pages located at Montclair University and maintained by English Professor Grover Furr. These pages include links to a Communist site that refers to the Ukrainian Famine as a Hoax that was perpetrated by pro-Nazi Ukrainians. There are articles on Stalin and Anti-Communists. Grover Furr states:

"The `Stalin Question' is one of the most vital issues of our time, I think, because stories about the `horrors of Stalinism' are used to demoralize millions of people who are otherwise fed up with capitalist exploitation and are looking for an alternative. The `anti-Stalinists' basically tell us there is no alternative! So serious research on the USSR during the period of Stalin's leadership is vital in helping us understand what the Bolsheviks did that was right, and what they did was wrong, led away from communism and egalitarism, and what we must learn from their heroic experiences"

This series of pages also includes an article by Jeff Coplon in the Village Voice (New York City) that tries to minimize the significance of the Soviet instigated Artificial Famine of 1932-33 in Ukraine. It also attacks the Ukrainian Canadian Research and Documentation Centre's Documentary "Harvest of Despair".

Grover Furr's Politics and Social Issues Page

In Search of a Soviet Holocaust by Jeff Coplon, Village Voice (NYC), January 12th 1988. Progressive Labor Party WWW Home Page

This series of pages belongs to the Progressive Labor Party which by entering their Home Page it becomes apparent that this is a Neo-Communist site. This site takes the position that Soviet instigated artificial famine of 1932-33 in Ukraine was a hoax. The site contains a six-part article published during the course of 1987 in Challenge-Desafio, newspaper of the Progressive Labor Party. This article attacks the Ukrainian Canadian Research and Documentation Centre's Documentary "Harvest of Despair" and states:

"This film is a fraud. This essay will show that it uses lies, misleading film, and Nazi collaborators, to attack Stalin, the Soviet Union, and the whole idea of communism, while promoting nationalism and fascism."

There are other articles on ths site that glorify Stalin and attack documentaries and literature that approach Stalin's life from an anti- communist viewpoint.

The Hoax of the 1932-33 Ukrainian Famine

Conquest Book Lies About 1932-33 Ukraine Famine

What Really Happened in the Ukrainian Countryside? The Bolshevik's Error of Not Winning the Peasants to Communism Local Links:

Ukrainian Famine Page

Ukrainian History Page

-- Michael Pugliese, overposted 'cuz I'm steamed at such BS