[lbo-talk] Camp Bucca and beyond

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Tue May 11 07:02:01 PDT 2004

On Tuesday, May 11, 2004, at 08:50 AM, snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com wrote:

> Do you really think it's just cognitive dissonance that leads someone
> like Rush to liken all of this to "hazing" or a "frat prank"? Do you
> really think that Peggy Noonan and other have blamed this on the
> feminization of the military and feminism because they're in
> cognitive, uh, pain?

Yes, it's certainly true that Rush, Peggy, etc. (to say nothing of the Shrub) are not sufferers from cognitive dissonance -- or one could also say that they may have occasional fleeting attacks of it, which they handle as casually as flicking away a fly. (Some on the Left are in the same category, but with different ideas in their minds.)

These people will probably never change their minds. The folks I am interested in are the ones in the middle, who could come down on either side.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ When I was a little boy, I had but a little wit, 'Tis a long time ago, and I have no more yet; Nor ever ever shall, until that I die, For the longer I live the more fool am I. -- Wit and Mirth, an Antidote against Melancholy (1684)