[lbo-talk] Re: Marxist Democracy

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Tue May 11 14:24:28 PDT 2004

Dear List:

Shane wrote:

> Precisely the standard attitude of the Mafia/CIA/KGB/MI5 killer: "Nothing personal, just business." The "untrained" Abu Ghraib guards, unlike the professional torturers for whom they were "preparing" their victims, let their feelings get in the way of their duty (to keep everything secret).

I do not think that any of the above are acting out of compassion. As I said in my post, a person must never act out of anger, but always out of compassion (Shane deleted that part when he snipped my post).

Nothing is ever just business; things are the business of enlightenment and compassion.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister