[lbo-talk] Kerryismo - an end in itself

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Wed May 12 12:00:48 PDT 2004

I deliberately placed it in that time frame because Clintonism began before he took office, as far back as 1990, during his campaign he indicated that he would be taking a stolidly neo-liberal path. Indeed, one might argue that there was smooth continuity from Reagan, through Bush 1, into Clintontime on virtually all policy fronts. 2004 is very much like 1992 in that we have a much hated Bush in the White House and a Democratic Party candidate whose principal selling point is that he is not in fact Bush himself. Progressives made precisely the same compromises and vows to 'put pressure on Clinton' in 1990-1992 as they are making now. Here we go again......

and don't forget to pipe in the Clintonista theme from Fleetwood Mac: "Don't stop, thinking about tomorrow, Don't stop, it'll soon be here, It'll be, better than before, Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone"........