[lbo-talk] Re: revolutionary "perfection"?

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Wed May 12 13:57:08 PDT 2004

Gay cultures, plural, fs. We have ideological pov's from the Gay Faeries, anarcho-communalism to our local gay conservative, Thomas Edwards who writes letters to the Chronicle defending Nixon and Reagan and Bush 43.

Gay friends, in stable, monogamous relationships of long standing, who got married at City Hall recently, are setting a good example to the 20 somethings w/ the cultural radical pov that gay marriage is buying into the repressive norms of the bourgois nuclear family. The latter is the segment of the community that is as promiscuous as the wildest disco hopping, coke snortin', bathhouse frequenting set of the 70's, now all dead prematurely.

Guess you aren't aware of gay conservatives (see the Verso book by Goldstein, counterjabbing back at the , "Homocons.") like the Indie Gay Forum that has folks like Andrew Sullivan, Bruce Bawer and Bush 41 advisor, James Pinkerton, which has for yrs. advocated gay marriage and polmicized like gay left-libs Gabriel Rotello (who had a cover piece in The Nation a few yrs. back that got a zillion letters to the ed.) and the authors of, "After The Ball, " a critique of LGBT leftists like Urvashi Vaid.

Michael Pugliese