[lbo-talk] Bush as the lesser imperialist evil

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Wed May 12 19:34:46 PDT 2004

Doug Henwood wrote:
>Joseph Wanzala wrote:
>
>>As dangerous as it is, Bush's re-election may be a lesser evil
>
>So I guess neither you nor Kolko ever hoped to organize a union, or
>anticipated any need for Medicare. It's all about foreign policy,
>isn't it?

and Dwayne Monroe wrote:

"Now, it seems the Bush administration, whatever its negative virtues may be as an engine of empire deconstruction, is also a sort of wrench unthreading the few bolts holding the support system for millions of people together.

Four more years of these fellows will mean more turns at the wrench and more weakness of an already faltering, poorly maintained system. "

When will the lesserevilists admit that the Bushit coup, every appointment to a rule-making or judicial position, every piece of legislation, and every dollar spent carried with it the consent of the Dumbocratic blocking-minority in Congress? Why pretend that replacing a loyal, but stupid and incompetent "servant of empire," (DH dixit) with a loyal, competent, and intelligent servant of empire will alter in any way the domestic agenda of empire?

Shane Mage

"When we read on a printed page the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems mystical, mystifying, even downright silly.

When we read on a computer screen the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems self-evidently true." (N. Weiner)