[lbo-talk] Bush as the lesser imperialist evil

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Wed May 12 21:26:36 PDT 2004

>Joseph Wanzala wrote:
>
>>As dangerous as it is, Bush's re-election may be a lesser evil
>
>So I guess neither you nor Kolko ever hoped to organize a union, or
>anticipated any need for Medicare. It's all about foreign policy, isn't it?
>
>Doug

While Kerry has been deliberately vague on his stand on "saving" Social Security he has spoken in favor of Personal Retirement Accounts in the past. This is just a polite way of saying privatize. Don't you think that Kerry would be more capable of mustering support for this type of plan than Bush? Is Kerry pro-union enough to actually do anything constructive or allow anything constructive to take place in that area? I have to admit to being awfully unsure of the lesser evil of voting Kerry. I still believe Clinton did to Welfare what Bush Sr. never could have done.

John Thornton