RES: [lbo-talk] wow

Alexandre Fenelon afenelon at zaz.com.br
Thu May 13 11:26:02 PDT 2004

Yes, no question about it. Indian CPs are not small sectarian groups. They have nearly 1 million party members and poll 25-30 million votes. CPs will support the Congress ministry, but I would be surprised if they join the government.

Ulhas

-I looked at the results by state, and the two CP´s seem to have did quite well in their -strongholds of Kerala and West Bengal (on the other side, they are extremely weak in -other states). How do you explain the fact of Indian CP´s power being so concentrated -in these two areas? -Do you think this victory of Congress party will bring some change in economic policies?