[lbo-talk] Roy on Indian election

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri May 14 12:01:49 PDT 2004

--- John Lacny <jlacny at earthlink.net> wrote:
>Nevertheless, she
> goes in for the fashionable anticommunism that
> characterizes so many progressive intellectuals in
> both the Third World and First

Do you not think that there might be some good reason why this is the case?

winning, in other
> words -- is not on her agenda, probably because she
> doesn't think it's possible. Or even desirable.

She does express some muted optimism that things might be a little better. However, what does "winning" mean when you stay within the nexus of global capitalism? How can you win? I think it is a bit arrogant to dismiss her as just being enthralled with "fashionable anticommunism".