[lbo-talk] Re: A brave man

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Fri May 14 17:54:58 PDT 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carl Remick" <carlremick at hotmail.com>

>From: "Eubulides" <paraconsistent at comcast.net>
>
>The *average* Pentagon Major, Lt. Colonel, Colonel even remotely
>interested in a future with the org. has read, in no particular order:
>Vernor Vinge; Martin Van Creveld, Richard Dawkins, Henry Kissinger,
>Stanley Karnow, Clive Kussler, Tom Clancey, Stuart Kauffman. That's in
>addition to understanding a B-1 bomber manual, the traveling salesman
>algorithms etc.

What a waste of time. The military are savage simpletons who spend their careers pondering ever more creative ways to kill masses of people. We would be better off if they were illiterate. The best that can be said for the military, I suppose, is that they are a necessary evil. Since there are limitless numbers of people who focus on how necessary the military is, I prefer to focus on how evil these bastards are.

Carl

Gee, wouldn't it be nice if all of us could filter contemporary history through the categories: simpleton, illiteracy, necessary evil, savage and evil.........

Know your adversary........know adversariality itself.............oooh that might be too Kantian-Clausewitzean-Sun Tzuian......:-)

We're a long way from 'nothing to kill or die for'.............sadly.......

Ian