[lbo-talk] Re: A brave man

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Sat May 15 14:34:40 PDT 2004

Self preservation at times. Where would FARC be without weapons? Perhaps the Kurds in north Iraq should disarm as well. You think life in Cuba would be better if they disarmed next week? What would happen if India destroyed all their weapons this summer? World peace would break out? In our current shitty predicament the military is indeed a necessary evil. More often than not the only way out of a shitty situation is to make the best shitty choice, not the ideal choice that would work in an ideal situation.

John Thornton