[lbo-talk] Re: A brave man

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sun May 16 07:17:54 PDT 2004

>From: Jon Johanning <jjohanning at igc.org>
>
>On Saturday, May 15, 2004, at 05:34 PM, John Thornton wrote:
>
>>Self preservation at times. Where would FARC be without weapons? Perhaps
>>the Kurds in north Iraq should disarm as well. You think life in Cuba
>>would be better if they disarmed next week? What would happen if India
>>destroyed all their weapons this summer? World peace would break out? In
>>our current shitty predicament the military is indeed a necessary evil.
>>More often than not the only way out of a shitty situation is to make the
>>best shitty choice, not the ideal choice that would work in an ideal
>>situation.
>
>I was referring to the U.S. armed forces. What are they necessary for? You
>mention a number of other countries.
>
>Perhaps we need to go beyond the "Out of Iraq Now!" slogan to calling for
>unilateral disarmament.
>
>Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org

I'd be happy to sign the petition, but I don't envision widespread public support for that position this particular millennium.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Express yourself with the new version of MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/