[lbo-talk] Re: Barbara Ehrenreich

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon May 17 06:11:54 PDT 2004

Tim Francis-Wright wrote:

>Doug Henwood wrote:
>>
>>I'm going to have Cynthia Enloe on my fundraising radio special
>>this Thursday to discuss exactly these issues.
>>
>>Also, by the way, Gary Younge (thanks to whoever suggested him) and
>>George Monbiot.
>
>I'm glad that I finally did something constructive for LBO or WBAI
>(besides subscribing, of course).

I had a good chat with Gary the other day - I'll be editing it this afternoon. We talked about domestic repression under Bush vs. the British response to the IRA, U.S. vs. European imperialism, what it's like for a Brit to cover America, what it's like for a black Brit to cover America, NYC vs. the heartland, etc.

Doug