[lbo-talk] Interesting article on the irrelevance of Abu Ghraib to Iraqis

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Mon May 17 07:42:13 PDT 2004

Yup, I've met your pal, Kevin Keating who had that banner at one of our demos here, so easily exploitable by Horrorwitzend. http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Printable.asp?ID=8744 Four of us at UCSC tried to around midnight right after the invasion of Grenada, wanted to burn a US flag. As i climbed up the flagpole, the UCSC cops doing their rounds discovered us. After S. Brian Willson, a Vietnam vet had his legs shorn off by a train at the Concord Naval Weapons Station full of munitions bound to Salvadorean military to fight the FMLN, I was one of a bunch of anarchists (and the wonderful bearded Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence) that helped to destroy the tracks w/ sledgehammers. I'm not against such tactics, when they can work. But, advocating fragging, when you have no sense of the decades some 20 yr. old kid would face in military prison upon conviction in a military court martial, is just adventurist epater les bourgeois rhetoric. (Great paper of Vietnam War fragging and other indiscipline, http://www.chss.montclair.edu/english/furr/Vietnam/heinl.html ) -- Michael Pugliese