[lbo-talk] Interesting article on the irrelevance of Abu Ghraib to Iraqis

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon May 17 18:43:47 PDT 2004

Hari Kumar wrote:

> I do not know how to suggest this without being patronising, but perhaps
> you should learn who the enemy is?

Please read what I wrote. You misunderstand my point. There is no good reason for the anti-war movement to use slogans like "support our troops." This language was adopted by the anti-war movement during Gulf War I in order to kow tow to right wing rhetoric that was trying to paint peace activists as unpatriotic traitors. With over half of Americans opposing the war, there is no need for anti-war activists to kiss right-wing ass with this rhetoric. There wasn't any need to do this in the first place.

Perhaps the point I'm making is too complicated for the liberals on this list.

Chuck0