[lbo-talk] Interesting article on the irrelevance of Abu Ghraib to Iraqis

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon May 17 19:08:46 PDT 2004

snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com wrote:

> People are disagreeing with your glib, "Fuck the Troops" since your glib
> "Fuck the Troops" doesn't convey what you mean, above. (Harry was
> responding to your FIRST comment, "Fuck the Troops." not to your attempt
> to explain yourself.
>
> Disagreeing with your glib little quote is just that: disagreement. They
> are not liberals because they disagree with you.

No, they are liberals because they just can't come out and say that they oppose the war without wrapping it up in the red, white and blue chickenshit "We support our troops."

I'm going to make glib remarks and I'm going to say uncomfortable things because that is my role as an anarchist. People don't respect the antiwar movement because it can't just say why it opposes the war without resorting to defensive rhetoric like "We support our troops." The more radical anti-war activists deride the peaceniks who wave thos red, white and blue signs around.

Honestly, I support the troops in that I'd like to see them come home and enjoy full veterans benefits. But I'm not going to preface my anti-war activism with red, white and blue slogans. And I'm not going to say something fucking stupid like "I support the troops" when those same troops are murdering Iraqis every fucking day. That's like saying "We support the war criminals" or "we support the troops who bomb people back to the stone age." The only troops that I'm going to openly support are the few who disobey orders and make every effort to not be a soldier. These soldiers do have the choice to resist and we should criticize them for not refusing orders and doing everything possible to get home.

Chuck0