[lbo-talk] Hersh: How a secret Pentagon program came to Abu Ghraib

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Mon May 17 21:45:00 PDT 2004

The cost of fuel/energy in the US is a key to build an alternative plan. The obvious truth of the cost is the fact that there isn't enough to go around without a bidding war driving up the cost, and the one who gets the alternative first will be ahead in the race. I've always been a fan of the 'hemp' alternative. Bring back the troops, and the contractors and set them to turning the US heartland in hempland. Ferment it, press it for oil, gring the seeds for food, wear the fibre, and the shit doesn't need fertilizer of pesticide.

Then grow some real kickass weed and export it all over the world on the 'cheep'. Win the drug war at the same time.

Martin