[lbo-talk] More on A.Roy

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue May 18 08:03:11 PDT 2004

>From: Chuck0 <chuck at mutualaid.org>
>
>... The Left has its own echo chamber where famous writers are continually
>elevated to the status of "leader" by our media. Why is it that our
>"leaders" are writers? Noam Chomsky has pointed out numerous times that the
>work he does could be done by anybody, yet we continue to elevate Chomsky
>to the status of left superstar. It's gotten to the point where we've
>sucked the life out of the poor guy.

I much agree. This cult of celebrity is an embarrassment and creates great risk. Ironically, it puts the left in the same position as corporations that rely on rely on celebrity pitchpersons and so risk a marketing disaster if their celebrity turns out to be, say, a child molester or drunk. Just look at the amount of bandwidth that was wasted in trying to explain away C. Hitchens.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Get 200+ ad-free, high-fidelity stations and LIVE Major League Baseball Gameday Audio! http://radio.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200491ave/direct/01/