[lbo-talk] Yahoo! News Story - Indian Investors Pin Market Fall on Gandhi

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Tue May 18 09:28:20 PDT 2004

> Yahoo!News wrote:
>
> >Again, how is it possible to win, if you stay
> within the nexus of
> >global capitalism?
>
> And just how do you opt out?

Yes, it is a good question, but it is a question that must be asked because otherwise we are going to end up fighting for reforms, and, reforms will mean that capital goes elsewhere. I mean that's what the Indian bourgeoisie (including the middle classes...Ive been hearing about it from some Indian engineers here) is angry about, right? If you vote for even a mildly better party, in this case the Congress Party, there could be capital flight....and especially if that party forms alliances (as the Congress Party must do) with more left-wing parties.

The answer in theory would be to form transnational alliances to not give capital a respite in any corner of the globe....if only I had a magic wand to make it happen :) Well, it may happen but maybe not as quickly as I would like.