[lbo-talk] Letting Go of America

Sunil/Dissident Voice dissidentvoice at earthlink.net
Tue May 18 15:14:08 PDT 2004

Letting Go of America by Gregory Stephens

From far and wide across the amber waves of grain, in books and cyberspace, in private dreams and public declarations comes the great bleating rally cry: "Take Back America!" This whole notion of "taking back" America is in fact tangled up in the root of our problem, American exceptionalism. Rather than holding on to the illusion that America is something that can be reclaimed, I argue, better to let go of the myth of national unity, to accept and work for the inevitable decentering process. But first let's listen to some of the voices....(read more) http://www.dissidentvoice.org/May2004/Stephens0516.htm

Dissident Voice is a newsletter dedicated to challenging the lies of the corporate press and the privileged classes it serves.

"To be truly radical is to make hope possible rather than despair inevitable." -- Raymond Williams

Editor: Sunil K. Sharma

DV welcomes your feedback/free use of your country vacation home/fine ales/excess wealth.

To Un-subscribe from this list, simply reply to this email and type "Unsubscribe" in the subject field.

Dissident Voice Santa Rosa, CA USA (707) 545-6458 email: dissidentvoice at dissidentvoice.org http://www.dissidentvoice.org