[lbo-talk] Vonnegut

John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
Wed May 19 13:28:08 PDT 2004

Dennis Perrin:

> Wonder what Hitch will be writing at Vonnegut's age

"Dear Doctor,

"It is of the utmost importance that I receive my third liver transplant. When President Bush got rid of Medicare, it was a revolutionary step in the long, twighlight war against fascism with an Islamic face, opposed only by the co-thinkers of Bin Laden on the left who thereby betrayed their own ignorance of true historical materialism. However, my own services to this struggle have been considerable, as evidenced by my presence on the frontlines in Washington, DC, on the fateful date of September 11, 2001, when my enjoyment of only my second glass of scotch for that day was interrupted by the terrible yet strangely welcome news that the fight had begun in earnest. The considerable financial remuneration I have received as a result of my participation in this struggle is nevertheless insufficient to cover the wear-and-tear on my person. Therefore I ask that you accept payment in the form of scrip once issued by the short-lived Free Government of Iraq, led by my late friend Ahmed Chalabi, whose betrayal at the hands of insufficiently strong-willed elements in the United States government is one of the great crimes of this century, and should not be compounded with the insult of refusing to recognize FGI currency.

"Fraternally yours,

"Christopher"

- - - - - John Lacny http://www.johnlacny.com

People of the US, unite and defeat the Bush regime and all its running dogs!