[lbo-talk] re: Orientalist torture

Gary? sladeg at verizon.net
Thu May 20 11:05:09 PDT 2004

From: "B."

> The Qur'an prescribes the same conservative dress for
> women regardless of their class, and has for about
> 1300 years now. [The Bible does, too, but it's rarely
> adhered to.]

On a trip to Italy we were a little disappointed that my wife couldn't enter some of the churches because she was not dressed appropriately, shorts and T-shirt . Last year in Brooklyn , I think, orthodox jews had a wig burning ,because the hair in the wigs came from India possibly Hindu , the wigs as cover, heads always must be covered. The hoops of pomp and circumstance, who's the fool, the fool or the fool who follows the fool.

Gary? ride si sapis