[lbo-talk] United Press International: Kurd PM: French, Russians to lose Iraq oil

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Fri May 21 07:11:41 PDT 2004

Yes, but, just like those Caspian pipelines (I temped once at Chevron HQ in S.F. , I asked my boss on my last day if sr. management was smoking the glass crack pipe to think the Caspian Sea region would be stable enough ever to export oil in the quantities bragged about in their projections. Pipedreams.) the billions that will be needed to repair and upgrade the existing oil facilities and build new ones in Iraq, make it unlikely that Iraq will be a large source for more than a bit of time.

I could see the Chechen bandits bombing the pipelines or contracting out to Iraqis or Syrians or Yemenese, for payback to Putin, as often as FARC bombs them in Columbia. http://www.google.com/search?q=lukoil+iraq http://www.cdi.org/russia/johnson/6599-5.cfm http://www.occupationwatch.org/article.php?id=3605 Just have to wait and see, I'm skeptical.