[lbo-talk] More on Rapture Christians and the WH

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Fri May 21 15:43:54 PDT 2004

Carl Remick wrote:

What wacky times these are. Whatever happened to material forces as the engine of history?

"Material forces" are indeed the engines of history, but reactionary ideologies are the sand in its gearboxes.

Shane Mage

"When we read on a printed page the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems mystical, mystifying, even downright silly.

When we read on a computer screen the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems self-evidently true." (N. Weiner)