[lbo-talk] Berkeley Intifada

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sat May 22 11:08:35 PDT 2004

Michael Pugliese wrote:

> Such anti-Semitism has always seemed the sinister province of fascists
> and neo-Nazis, Spanish Inquisitors and tattooed skinheads. How
> topsy-turvy, then, to discover that some of the most virulent
> anti-Semitism in America today seethes amid the multicultural ferment of
> American college campuses. And at UC Berkeley, which owes as much of its
> allure to radical rhetoric as to academic excellence, it thrives. <SNIP>
> http://www.eastbayexpress.com/issues/current/feature.html

This article is baloney. It provides no evidence concerning the level of anti-semitism on the UC-Berkeley campus. Does it mention any poll results? Nope. Does it mention anecdotal incidents? Yes. This article fails to make its case, because for all we know the "virulent anti-Semitism" is the work of a few bigots and wingnuts.

This is the kind of crap that one would find on Overthrow.com or Frontpagemag.com.

Chuck0