[lbo-talk] Billionaires for Bush event in NYC tonight

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat May 22 11:22:50 PDT 2004

[I'll be donning a tux for this one, though Paul Fussell says that "tux" is vulgar.]

WHAT: "Billionaires for Bush", a nationwide political action committee and media campaign that uses street theater and media coverage to flush out the truth about the Bush administration's disastrous economic policies, is throwing a gala spring costume ball and CD release party. Special privileges for Media Representatives will be granted upon RSVP.

WHEN: Saturday, May 22, 2004, 8 p.m. to 4 a.m.

WHERE: City Stage, 435 West 19th Street (9th and 10th Avenues)

ENTERTAINMENT: Three full floors of dancing and performance in Chelsea. Live music, DJ's, comic performance, including:

X-HMB, Open Thought, Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings, Akim Funk Buddha, Ori Kaplan and the Balkan Beat Box, DJShakey, Phat Mandee, LuminescentOrchestrii, DJ Evan and DJsugarkane.

Our own Billionaire Follies will perform songs from our new CD, "The Billionaires Are In The House", with a special appearance of our LA-based Billionaire hip-hop artist Fiddy Billion.

PHOTO OPP: Over 1000 Billionaires for Bush decked out in their finest attire. Billionaires in evening gowns, tuxedos, full-length gloves, monocles and cravats will dance the night away.

INFO: For more information : http://www.billionairesforbush.com/ball2.php Or contact : ball at billionairesforbush.com