[lbo-talk] combing styles of our leaders

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat May 22 11:44:43 PDT 2004

SergioL652 at aol.com wrote:

>He just won the Palm D'or in Cannes. If the jury had been full of
>American leftists, I don't think he would have won.

I don't agree. From what I've read about the movie, I'd have voted for him. I thought Roger & Me and Bowling for Columbine were great. His books aren't so hot, but writing's not his strength. Contra Frank Rich, who found it boorish, I thought his Oscar speech was terrific. So he's a bit of a blowhard and self-promoter who needs to be nicer to his employees and lose a few pounds. No one's perfect.

Doug