[lbo-talk] AAPOR on "push polls"

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sat May 22 15:19:38 PDT 2004

Doug wrote:

[speaking of push polls, which we were just the other day, AAPOR has released this statement... "...Legitimate polls accurately describe the candidates and issues in order to understand voter reactions..."

Wasn't the claim that the poll in question was a "push poll" based entirely on the fact that it presented its respondants with an *accurate* description of a few of Ubu's lies?

Shane Mage

"When we read on a printed page the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems mystical, mystifying, even downright silly.

When we read on a computer screen the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems self-evidently true." (N. Weiner)