[lbo-talk] Pacifica 9-11 coverage

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Sat May 22 18:40:10 PDT 2004

Jon Jahanning wrote that he only reads information about 'high quality sources' and suggested that Sibel Edmonds might be a 'nut' for all we know. Well, Sibel Edmonds story has been covered by what I'm sure you would consider 'high quality sources' like the New York Times and the Washington Post, do you actually read these papers, or just pretend to? By your own measure, it is way past time you began paying serious attention to 'conspiracy hobbyists.' Sept. 11 Allegations Lost in Translation

By Jefferson Morley washingtonpost.com Staff Writer Thursday, April 8, 2004; 9:51 AM

"The sensational story of Sibel Edmonds illuminates the world of difference between the international online media and the U.S. press.

Edmonds is a 33-year-old former FBI translator whose February allegations to the commission investigating the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks directly challenge the credibility of the commission's star witness, national security adviser Condoleezza Rice. In an April 2 interview with the Independent of London, Edmonds said she read intelligence reports from the summer of 2001 that al Qaeda operatives planned to fly hijacked airplanes into U.S. skyscrapers.

"There was general information about the time-frame, about methods to be used but not specifically about how they would be used and about people being in place and who was ordering these sorts of terror attacks," she said. She added that specific cities with skyscrapers were mentioned."