[lbo-talk] Hollings, Israel, AIPAC

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Sun May 23 09:36:03 PDT 2004

>From : Jeff Blankfort <jblankfort at earthlink.net>
Sent : Saturday, May 22, 2004 11:19 AM Subject : Mainstream Media ignoring Hollings' remarks about Israel, AIPAC

| | | Inbox

While newspapers in South Carolina and some Jewish and conservative publications have criticized Sen. Hollings for his statement that the Iraq war was for Israel and subsequent statements on the Senate floor describing AIPAC's power over both the president and Congress (sent by me, yesterday), none of this seems to have made it to the pages of our leading papers of record, or for that matter, any outside of South Carolina. If that is not proof of the Israel lobby's power over the media as well as Congress, I don't know what else it could be. A stupid racist statement made in the past by Hollings made headlines. Why not this one? Because, as an outgoing senator, he could now speak the truth? And the truth is not what the lobby and it's tightly leashed media want the public to see.

Jeff B