[lbo-talk] more nonvoters

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun May 23 17:32:27 PDT 2004

Jon Johanning wrote:

> On Sunday, May 23, 2004, at 11:32 AM, Chuck0 wrote:
>
>> But the majority of Americans don't vote because they correctly see
>> the political system as undemocratic, rigged against them, corrupt,
>> and so on.
>

> So what's happened to the Anarchist Revo?

It's coming along. As far as the 2004 elections are concerned, anarchists are heavily involved with the organizing of the protests around the two party conventions. Anarchists have been organizing for the RNC convo for probably a year now. A national network of anarchists has been promoting the Don't Just Vote campaign (http://www.dontjustvote.com/).

As far as other anarchist organizing for the rev is going, there is a bunch of it out there. I just spent the day with a bunch of anarchists in Kansas City, where we had fun and talk about projects. I've been travelling a bit this spring and have talked to anarchists who are organizing in places like rural northeast Missouri and across the state of South Dakota. And I just got done talking to an anarchist from Gainesville, Florida about the activist scene there.

Organizing the anarchist revo keeps me busy 24/7? What are other folks up to?

Oh, here's a new Infoshop project that I'm bringing online this weekend:

http://www.infoshop.org/octo/matrix/index.php/Main_Page

Chuck0