[lbo-talk] The Feminism of Fools

Gary? sladeg at verizon.net
Sun May 23 18:41:46 PDT 2004

From: "Yoshie Furuhashi"

Subject: [lbo-talk] The Feminism of Fools

> Washington's propaganda about Afghan and Iraqi women should serve as
> a wake-up call to activists,

> just national but also international politics; and refuse to allow
> Muslim women to be reduced to the status of passive victims and
> objects of protection.

Is this where we stand and applaud loudly, bravo Yoshie how profound,. So we are to wake up to the plight of the Afghan and Iraqi women,? the American male doesn't even understand the American woman and I haven't heard the man on the street telling me about going into Iraq to save them Iraqi women. What about the Mexican woman , when do we start understanding her, when we give mexicans equal but seperate ? You know it's only fairly recently that the police have been taking more aggresive action in domestic disputes, there is still a vast unwashed public out there that believes a wife owes her husband sex and deserves a beating for being lippy. the wake up call that needs to be heeded is that we are no better than the 'heathen' we oppose. Four thousand murdered at Dasht Leile with american complicity , torture in Gitmo and everywhere else, Bush and Rumsfeld have shown themselves no better than Saddam, they have reacted to threat in the same way. It's not about reducing Muslim women it's about reducing all people.

Gary? ride si sapis