[lbo-talk] A 'Progressive Conference'

Brad Mayer Bradley.Mayer at Sun.COM
Sun May 23 20:38:21 PDT 2004

With George Soros, who else? Another NoveOn farce, peddling the conceit of 'taking back' something you didn't have in the first place. Yes I'm subscribed, the better to watch these clowns. It would be interesting to attend and observe, to see if they can sucker any actual progressive types:

Dear MoveOn member,

On June 2nd, 3rd and 4th, we're co-sponsoring the biggest progressive conference of the year -- the Take Back America Conference in Washington D.C. So that every MoveOn member has a chance to be part of this amazing gathering, we're supporting a deep discount on conference registration for MoveOn members only -- $89.00 for three days, including meals during the day -- nearly a 50% discount.

This will be the last time for all of us to get together before the November election, and plan the future of our growing movement to Take Back America.

Joan and I will speak during the opening session on Wednesday afternoon, June 2, and the entire MoveOn team will be at the conference. Come and join us by registering at:

https://secure.ctsg.com/ourfuture/moveonregister2004/

There are only a limited number of tickets available, and it's filling up fast. We want to make sure as many MoveOn members as possible can be part of this event. Special prices are also available for one-day passes and for students.

In addition to Joan, Peter, Eli and myself, featured speakers will include: Gov. Howard Dean, Senator John Edwards (D-NC); House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA); George Soros, Elaine Jones, President of the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund; Eliot Spitzer, New York State Attorney General; Rev. James Forbes of the Riverside Church, Former Labor Secretary Robert Reich, Author Arianna Huffington; National Organization for Women President Kim Gandy; and many more. The conference will also include practical skills training for citizen leaders, organizers, and candidates.

This conference will be an incredible combination of big names and citizens from around the nation. Check out the program and register at:

https://secure.ctsg.com/ourfuture/moveonregister2004/

We hope to see you there too.

Sincerely,

- Wes Boyd

MoveOn.org

May 21, 2004

P.S.: Please note -- this special offer is for online advance registrations only. You cannot show up at the conference and get this discount.

If you'd like to purchase a ticket by check, or to buy a table for the dinner or make a financial contribution to support the conference, click below to view a description of the various sponsorship levels. You can then print the form and send it to Natalie Shear at the address or fax number listed at the bottom of the form.

http://www.ourfuture.org/docUploads/reservation.pdf