[lbo-talk] A 'Progressive Conference'

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Mon May 24 09:25:48 PDT 2004

The Barbara Ehrenreich piece on Abu Ghareb. I replied with the CJR piece by Scott Sherman on Barbara.

Sad to see what happened to the party of Debs. Past yr.(just like in the mid-30's in the SP internal conflict between the Old Guard and the, "Militant, " caucus. The Old Guard roughed up some YPSL's even.) there has been a raging battle in the SP between the twentysomething cadre and the cadre like Dave McReynolds and Walt Brown (their Pres. candidate, I betcha' will get all of 5,000 votes nationally). Dave and Walt have been in since '51 and late 40's respectively.

Marino sneered at intellectuals after I posted on Donald Sassoon' history of European Left. (Which, I see remaindered for $6.98 at Moes and elsewhere. Winner of the Deutscher Prize when released.)

-- Michael Pugliese