[lbo-talk] Bruno Latour on post-post-modernism

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Tue May 25 06:52:50 PDT 2004

At 7:42 AM -0400 25/5/04, Ted Winslow wrote:

>Wordworth's point was partly the obvious one that if you rip a
>rabbit to bits you kill it. In relation to the science at issue,
>however, he also attributed motive.
>
>The materialism in question can't explain life. Without pulling a
>rabbit from a hat, you can't get something possessing the
>characteristics that define a living thing from bits of dead matter.

You can't? How do you explain reproduction of living things then? The only raw materials a pair of rabbits need to create more rabbits, is dead grass. So obviously it can be done.

> The argument demonstrating this is summarized in the Whitehead
>material I mentioned.

If you say so. Comes across as gibberish to me I'm afraid, but maybe I'm too simple to see the emperor's new clothes.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas