[lbo-talk] word of the day

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed May 26 09:27:34 PDT 2004

I logged onto my SBC [Southwestern Bell Company] Yahoo ! DSL internet service this morning, which automatically takes me their start up page. There is a "Word of the Day" feature there that includes the chosen word's definition and an example of its usage.

This was today's "Word of the Day":

======

Word of the Day

"authoritarian"

DEFINITION: (adjective) favoring or demanding blind obedience to leaders

EXAMPLE: Despite Americans' belief in democracy, the American government has supported authoritarian regimes in other countries.

SYNONYMS: absolute, domineering, dictatorial

Information provided by Kaplan Test Prep - Kaptest.com

http://dsl.sbc.yahoo.com/