[lbo-talk] Democracy Now 5/26

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Wed May 26 11:51:47 PDT 2004

One of the central points argued by Griffin and others is that the 9-11 attacks provided a pretext for the war on Afghanistan, which had among other things to do with gaining strategic control over that region (Afghanistan being positioned between Central Asia and the oil rich former Soviet Republics). Falk wrote the foreward to Griffin's book *after* his article in the Nation in which he supported the intervention in Afghanistan. While Falk does not address his earlier position on Afghanistan, by writing the foreward, he is either contradicting himself (which I doubt) or changing his position. So, Griffin's book, whether you view it as conspiracy theory or not, *has* moved Falk in a more progressive direction. So you obviously have no point other than to attack 'conspiracism' which as far as I can tell, is a phenomenon which occurs chiefly in the mind of Chip Berlet and his dittoheads.