[lbo-talk] Democracy Now 5/26

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Wed May 26 16:24:18 PDT 2004

I'm not on any side, I can actually entertain several even contradictory positions simulataneously, imagine that? I don't understand why you selectively attack ideas that would implicate Bush - Michael Moore's conspiracy theories are 'okay' but Griffin's aren't - even though Moore merely posits a 'lite' version of what Griffin says, with a heavy bias toward the Saudis. You talk about WTC7 as though the idea of bombs in building is beyond the pale. It is not. I am not saying this conclusively shows that there were bombs in the building, but I think it is curiuos nonetheless. See below (and yes, Alex Jones as Pugliese will doubtless inform us is some kind of Nazi, but try not to let that get in the way of the info :-

http://www.infowars.com/print/Sept11/FDNY.htm

In a stunning and belated development concerning the attacks of 9/11 Larry Silverstein, the controller of the destroyed WTC complex, stated plainly in a PBS documentary that he and the FDNY decided jointly to demolish the Solomon Bros. building, or WTC 7, late in the afternoon of Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2001.

This admission appeared in a PBS documentary originally aired in Sept. of 2002 entitled "America Rebuilds". Mr Silverstein's comments came after FEMA and the Society of Civil Engineers conducted an extensive and costly investigation into the curious collapse of WTC 7. The study specifically concluded that the building had collapsed as a result of the inferno within, sparked, apparently, by debris falling from the crumbling North Tower.

In the documentary Silverstein makes the following statement;

I remember getting a call from the, er, fire department commander, telling me that they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, "We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it." And they made that decision to pull and we watched the building collapse. [This can be heard in the audio file http://www.infowars.com/audio/PullIt.mp3 Thanks to Sir Dave 'tmo' Soule for transfering this from the video to an MP3 file. "America Rebuilds", PBS Home Video, ISBN 0-7806-4006-3, is available from http://shop.pbs.org/products/AREB901/.]