[lbo-talk] Democracy Now 5/26

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Wed May 26 16:49:46 PDT 2004

Joseph Wanzala wrote:

>Actually Doug, so blinded are you by your bias against me that you
>make an argument I have not made, certainly not in my last post. The
>view that the neo-cons used (rather than engineered) the 9-11
>attacks as a pretext to further their imperial designs is a passe
>view, which is expounded by Chalmer Johnson, Rahul Mahajan, Chomsky,
>and indeed by even Berlet on DN!

And me too. Sure they used it as a pretext for all kinds of nastiness. But that's a lot different from talking about explosives in WTC7 and nonexistent planes at the Pentagon. I can't really tell which side you're on here.

Doug

Methinx the post 9-11 conspiricism has a lot to do with James Bamford's expose' of the NSA in "Body of Secrets : Anatomy of the Ultra-Secret National Security Agency", especially the Pentagon/JCS planning during the Kennedy admin. to launch attacks against the US in order to get the citizenry pissed off enough to justify an invasion of Cuba. If they were planning such insidious stuff then, then just what are the limits of militarist nihilism-megalomania now?

Great work Chip, even though I had to listen at the criminally early hour of 6:45 am!

Ian