[lbo-talk] Wrong Track

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed May 26 20:59:27 PDT 2004

Michael Pollak wrote:

> Public Opinion Watch - May 26, 2004
> By Ruy Teixeira
>
> <excerpt>
>
> These numbers are bad enough, but the new CBS News data are, if anything,
> even worse. Consider this one: only 30 percent now say that the country is
> headed in the right direction, compared to 65 percent who say that it is
> off on the wrong track. The latter is the highest number ever recorded by
> the CBS News poll since it started asking this question in the mid-1980s.
> As the CBS News polling analysis puts it: "The last time the percentage
> that said the country was on the wrong track was as high as it is now was
> back in November 1994. Then, Republicans swept into control of both houses
> of Congress for the first time in decades."
>
> <end excerpt>

This confirms my hunch about 30% being the actual number which represents Bush's hardcore support. These are dittoheads and hardcore Clinton-hating Republicans.

I know that CNN.com polls aren't accurate, but from what I've observed after looking at results on interesting questions, it always seems like there is a core 30% who will support the most core Bush/Republican positions.

Chuck0