[lbo-talk] hurtling towards martial law

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Thu May 27 11:53:55 PDT 2004

I'm not so sure where the military stands vis Bush. My understanding is that they differ with Bush on methodology, not objectives and their main differences revolve around the situation in Iraq. On the home front, I don't see anyone breaking ranks. There is a complete consensus that we need to respond to the 'war on terror' and according to Gen. Franks, the next terror event could put us into 'code red' which would be doubleplusgood for the corporate state. Indeed, even Anthony Lewis has speculated that the November electionmay not take place due to a 'terror' event. I think it is extremely stupid of Pugliese to be making fun of the serious situation we are already in (Partiot Act etc.) and may well be facing depending on what happens in the ensuing days, weeks, months.....