[lbo-talk] Democracy Now 5/26

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Thu May 27 16:15:03 PDT 2004

ChuckO wrote:

"Raising questions about the official 9-11 story is one thing, promulgating wild-eyed stories is another. "

Chuck, there are many aspects to the official 9-11 story, this is only one of them, in his book the New Pearl Harbor, Griffin reviews the work of those who have interrogated the official story (among whom those who doubt a plane hit the Pentagon are a minority) and his overall purpose is to present a *cumulative case* arguing that the official story simply does not hold up. He also looks at the conventional (even among 'conspiranoids') view that it was a plane that hit the Pentagon; he looks at the question of how/why the Pentagon's air defense system (missile batteries) failed to respond, wonders why the FBI seized all surveillance cameras from the immediate area and looks at the remarks made by air traffic controllers that they thought it was a military plane given the way it manouevered, and who also said that it had to have been flown by a highly trained fighter pilot - as opposed to a pair of neophyte pilots who by all accounts could hardly operate the flight simulators they were supposedly trained on. These accounts call into question the official story about who the hijackers were, etc. Even Micheal Moore, a favortie son of people around here, raises querstions about the governments story about where the pilots were trained.

Griffin is not propagating the view that a plane did not hit the Pentagon, he looks at the literature of reseachers who have questioned ALL aspects of the government story - and this is what some reseachers contend, he looks at several aspects of the events and actually does not draw any conclusions in his book, and Chip Berlet has noted with sadness that many reasonable people have found Griffin's work compelling.

What aspect(s) of the government story do *you* rasie questions about?