[lbo-talk] I Loves Me Some Chalabi

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri May 28 07:15:05 PDT 2004

> is it just my imagination, or is hitch's basic argument about
> disinformation that the the (stipulated) fact that chalabi passed
> disinformation doesn't matter because that's not what convinced anyone?
>
> that is, it's ok that he's a manipulative liar since no one was
> actually manipulated by him and even if they were they were only
> manipulated into doing the right thing, anyway.

I think that's pretty much it. It goes back to Clinton's impeachment, when H. was sharing stages with Coulter and sweet-talking to Horowitz -- he told me that he didn't care if he was in bed with the trog right, "I'll take what I can get." It's been Ends-Justify-Means ever since, esp now that he's embraced global corporate power as the natural state of "progressive" human affairs. Oh, did I mention that H. takes a generous view of a potential US invasion of Cuba? Can't wait to read him on that, should it occur.

DP